The Dark Is Out There

I sit minding my own business, working on a sketch. 


{Feeding Buttercup {the emotional support unicorn} an apple so she will hold still, the norm}


I hear what sounds as if it is a bomb going off outside the lobby.                                              

There is a normal sized, not overly large, etc. box truck that has hit the awning. There is a large chunk missing from one corner.                                                                              

I have 2 questions;                                                                                                                                  

1. How fast was dude going?                                                                                                                  

2. Why did it take him like 5 minutes to come in and tell me? 


I do not speak of my everyday life often, but this is just one of those moments that I have to wonder how much shit happens that no one sees as they are asleep?


That leads back to where I started, before the truck of course, {see I always circle back, I may take 7 turns and another half dozen twists, but I get there. At some point, usually.}


***"Don't close your eyes and hope for the best/                                                                                                   

The dark is out there/                                                                                                                                                   

The light is going fast"***


I have sat here and watched them try to take our Power, or very Truth. I am finally so pissed. 


I have never been so very thankful for my Grandfather teaching me how to play the game. Be part of the "Old Boys Club", thought I am most defiantly NOT a boyo. How to hold all the knowledge that I have "found", until the moment I may use it to cause the most damage possible. 

My fear? 

That most of the young, beautiful souls doubt themselves far too much to ever stand up and fight, truly fight, for what they know in their very bones is Just, & Fair.                                                                                                       

That they did not have anyone to show them that they are so much fucking more than how they look, speak, or Hell forbid, that they have given themselves to another. 


*Soapbox Moment {feel free to skip} *                                                                                                                          

Your body is yours; you do not belong to anyone else.                                                                                              

UN-FUCKING-LESS                                                                                                                                                   

You decide that you want to give yourself.                                                                                                                  

This means NO means FUCKING No.                                                                                                              

*Soapbox moment over {for now} *


One day things will be better, I am not sure when that moment will arrive. There are so many things to come that have to happen 1st. 

Most of them?                                                                                                                                                             

Under cover of Nox. {Yeah BTW, she's PISSED}


***"In the midnight hour, they'll slam the door/

Make you forget what you were fighting for"***


***"Lighthouse" by Stevie Nicks***


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Fairy Tale Needs a Good Old Fashion Villian

Snarky Gray English Accented Kitty

Dark Night Of the Soul