Satanic Panic

 I lived through the days of Tipper Gore, calling out music, for no reason other than it scared her. 

{Oh, Hell it was not the music, it was the way that it made her feel. In a way I dare say Al, never did.}

When the PRMC placed "warning labels" on what we were listening to. 

Should you have a moment watch Dee Snider's PMRC Senate Hearing Speech (Full)

The fact that they had brought in someone without doing any of the much-needed research on what was under the image put forth? Totally worth it. 

How odd to think that these were the same parent's that made it a point to have us outside, no way of contacting us, not knowing the trouble we really were getting into, wanted to monitor lyrics?

Does anyone else see the logic there? 

I had the luck to be born to someone that had a fierce belief in personal freedom, free will. 

Music does not make anyone do anything, it is many times, what saves us. 

To desire to take this away? 

How dare you?

I think I am tired of watching each freedom we have, being taken away moment, by moment.  

I fear what is to come.

Not for us, the last who seek knowledge. 

No, I fear for those that think we will be silent any longer than we MUST.

Make no mistake, we can blend, we are everywhere, we have always been and long after all is said and done will be. 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Fairy Tale Needs a Good Old Fashion Villian

Snarky Gray English Accented Kitty

Dark Night Of the Soul